Friday, February 22, 2013

The proud new owner of an iPhone 5

This past week has been really busy and a little stressful for me. Then on top of it our trip to Cusco got cancelled for this weekend. But last Thursday (Valentine's Day) I had an interview with the Saltdogs and got an internship there this summer! I'm glad I don't have to worry about trying to find an internship anymore... Then after that call I called my grandparents and they were very surprised and excited to hear from me. I miss them a lot so it was good to talk to them and my Uncle Randy. I later went to class then after class we all bought bottles of wine and watched a movie at Sam's house. It was a relaxing night and I especially liked how Valentine's Day to Peruvians is "Friendship Day" and not as huge as people in North America make it...

Chocolates I bought myself in Arequipa

Friday morning I woke up and at 9:00am my cousin, Fanny, and I went to the post office to pick up my package! This is definitely easier said than done... It took us a total of 4 hours to return back home, we were hungry, hot, thirsty and frustrated. We took combi's all the way to the Post Office, which is in another district, Miraflores, and once you ride on a combi for 10 minutes you never want to again; our ride was about an hour long. When we arrived at the Post Office I had to jump through a lot of hoops. It was interesting because once I got to the point of receiving my package they had me go into a room and they opened my package in front of me, then I had to jump through more hoops, and they packaged it up again and gave it to me. Since I was off making more copies of my visa and passport when they packaged it up I was a little worried that they may have stolen something but they didn't! My parents had a great experience trying to send the package too so I doubt there will be more packages sent to me in the future... The main reason for me getting the package was because my iPod touch died and since I was using it a lot down here I was going to buy a new one but apple and all electronics are crazy expensive here. Since I was planning on getting an iPhone when I got back to the states my dad thought it would be cheaper and easier to just get the phone now and send it to me. So I am now the proud owner of an iPhone 5!!! And it's my first smart phone so I'm in love. I also got some volleyball shorts, leggings and Q-tips!

On Saturday, a couple of us went to the zoo! It was a really hot day, but nothing compared to Nebraska hot. I was surprised to see that the Peruvians looked more miserable than I did. Another thing I thought was interesting was we went with a Peruvian and he bought our tickets for us, 10 soles each, if we would have gone to the window to purchase a ticket it would have been more expensive because we are not Peruvians. The zoo had pretty much the same things as the Henry Doorly Zoo but this zoo was really spread out so it was big. The most popular animals were birds and turtles, they were everywhere. They had penguins and their habitat was outside in the hot sun (the complete opposite than Omaha's zoo) and we learned that they only need cold water. 

I was in love with all the cats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment