Monday, March 4, 2013

The Dog Days of Summer

February is over, and I can't believe how time has flown by! I survived February with only getting one water balloon thrown at me and I skillfully dodged it. (And when I say skillfully I mean it was thrown at my back and I could feel it go through my hair and just miss my face.) I should have noticed the two boys standing in front of me staring, but staring happens all the time here! They watched the whole thing happen and after asked if I was ok. What gentlemen... even though I'm pretty sure they were in on it. I forgot to mention what February means here, the entire month is a "Water Carnival" and so kids and adults throw water at you. When we went to Arequipa it was really cute because there were little kids running around with water guns and spray foam/soap.

It's hard to see but there is a little girl behind the wall giggling and hiding from the little boy. Precious!! Later we got the little boy to squirt Danielle.

Friday I went to Les Miserables with Marta at Jockey Mall. The movie cost about the same as in the US, but the popcorn was a lot cheaper! It was 8 soles and we split it so only 4 soles and I was craving popcorn! Kim was a happy camper. The movie was amazing and I'm glad I was able to watch it in theaters and not just watch it on my computer.

Saturday night I went to a birthday party with my sister and her friend, Griselda. The rest of the weekend I was doing homework or watching some TNT movies en espaƱol. It was all very exciting.

I'm a little jealous that people are starting to have their spring breaks and get to go home for a week and see family and friends. It would be nice to get a break and see everyone back home... 
Oh and if people were wondering how far I walk everyday, or how far I live from school, here is a map. Now that I have an iPhone I know how to drop pins! But... it wouldn't let me make a route because I live kind of in the boondocks, so you will have to use your imagination on what roads I take.

Notice that the blue dot is on a "mountain" so I get a nice walk everyday! But I don't mind, it's a good workout, especially in the heat...

Last weekend I made my host family Swedish pancakes. And since then my mom has been making me pancakes!! I love it, and her, she is the best! She even bought some real syrup. My real family would be so proud that I am drinking coffee every night, it has milk in it and tastes like Starbuck's but still its coffee!

The perfect meal and reminds me of home!


No comments:

Post a Comment